Still climbing.


I'm still determined not to give up on this thing!! Ha. I made another pass today. It's going to need a lot more work, but I'm inching a little closer up that crazy hill (am I insane for attempting this? yes). 

I swear the color isn't quite as dead as it looks in these photos (even though the limited palette is a little different, and I'm certainly not a pro). I'm having a really hard time getting photos of this one because of the extreme value differences. Of course those hands are going to need some serious refining, but I 'm trying to keep the paint thin and soft so I can go over it again and make more adjustments on the next round. I have a hard time working up the motivation to work on this thing, because I feel like I need at least a couple hours at a time to make any progress--and time is always limited. 

On another note, doesn't Steve have the most beautiful features? (he just loves it when I call him pretty!). Our little girl looks so much like him and she is an absolute doll. Oh, and the farmer's tan. It's for real ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June