Figure Drawing


I was really loving this beautiful pose. But with about 15 minutes left of the 2 hour session, a little bat flew into the studio, which sent this animal-loving model on a wild bat chase around the room (amid shrieks from one of the other female students). I just couldn't stop laughing. They eventually caught the poor little thing and released it outside. Ha.

As far as the drawing goes, I would have liked to make a little more use of those last 15 minutes! But overall, I'm not too unhappy with it. There's something a little weird about the head/neck connection and the face isn't right. Also the relation of the model's right knee to foot seems odd.,. things I may have honed in on in the last 15 minutes if not for that pesky bat ;) I'm becoming more consistent with transcribing a fairly accurate placement, but now I need to work on making the drawing more cohesive, and relating all the lines to each other as I go along to give it a better flow/rhythm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June