Pebble in my shoe

16x20", water mixable oil on stretched canvas

I don't know what comes over me sometimes when I decide to start a big painting, ha! When I get those urges, I should really remind myself I have no idea what I'm doing--not that it would matter when the idea strikes my fancy. Anyway... this thing sits up on the shelf mocking me as I pass by, and taunting me whenever I try to make a little progress. It might not be so bad if I hadn't chosen an image that includes two faces, three hands, and all those tangled clusters of limbs, what!? I'm insane. 

But I'm not quitting, I'm not quitting, I'm not quitting (I keep repeating this because I really, really want to--quit, that is). Maybe I'll hide this away for a couple weeks and come back to it with fresh eyes (and when I say hide, I really mean it. I don't want to see it). Anyway, I do feel a little better about Steven's left hand as a starting point. And the color really doesn't seem as garish in person. I'm having a really hard time getting any decent photographs of this thing. They're either too punchy or dead color-wise :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June