Soccer Field

7x5", oil on linen panel

This was about a one-hour study at a park near our house (what a beautiful day!!!). Okay, I was trying to figure out why this was feeling a little bit weird to me, and I think it's because those pines in the distance are darker than the shadow on the grass in the foreground. Even though I think they were darker, this might have been a good place to force some atmospheric perspective. 

Anyway, I have this new goal to try to be a little bit nicer to myself in terms of my art, so maybe I'll start playing a little twist on the Polyanna glad game in my posts and list a couple things I like about what I've done (because you know I can't resist picking it apart--maybe this will balance things out a bit ;). 

I think I did a much better job of simplifying the mountain down to a manageable color mass than I have in the past--and it's a pretty color :) I kinda like that I incorporated the goal net for a little added interest--though I think the drawing/scale could use a little tweaking. Mostly, I'm just glad I got out and painted. There's no elevator to success--you have to take the stairs; one step at a time. I have this bad habit of thinking I should be able to do something the first time I try. Not so. I have a feeling it's going to take quite a few of these little excursions before I'm very happy with what I'm producing :)

And here are a couple pics of my setup.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June