Starting a copy


I was getting ready to do another Bargue figure yesterday, but really wasn't feeling it, so I started cruising the web for Sargent drawings. I had never seen this one before, and it is just so darling. Me and babies--I just can't resist those sweet little squishy faces :) And it's a pencil drawing, which is nice because charcoal kinda scares me. I really have to be in the right mood to jump into that mess! Anyway, this is just about 45 minutes of blocking in the placement of some key areas, and it will need quite a bit of tweaking before I move on. 

When I hear a song I really love, sometimes I just can't get enough of it until I pick up my guitar or uke and learn to play it on my own (and then sing it until everybody's sick of it--ask my husband ;). I've noticed a similar feeling towards my copy drawings--just can't get enough of that drawing until I've come to understand it on the level of making it my own. And Sargent, oh boy. Every little line is so bold, graceful and beautiful--but that's old news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June