Figure drawing


I'm not liking this one. There was a lot of variation in the position of the arms with this pose and it was throwing me off a bit. Not like I'm trying to make excuses, because I know I'm just not very good at this yet, but sometimes you could see that little section of abdomen where it turned in, sometimes you couldn't, sometimes you could see both pectoral creases there, sometimes you couldn't, etc., etc. Which I should be able to deal with, but I kept moving things around and erasing and chasing around and around. And, as per my usual, I was having a hard time getting the lower legs/feet to look right. And that's not because they were moving--no good excuses there ;) Also, I glance at that head and it just doesn't look like the model, so that bugs me. I'm not sure what's off about it, but there's definitely something. Soooo better luck next time (have I mentioned how much easier it is to copy a drawing on paper than a real living figure? ha). I guess the good news here is that my off nights are beginning to look a little less off than they were even just a month or two ago, so that's something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June