Plein air - Utah Lake

5x7", oil on linen panel

It was calm and sunny when I headed out to paint, but within a few minutes of setting up, the wind had started blowing across the lake, pushing that ominous-looking cloud directly my direction (and whipping my hair in every other direction--next time, ponytail!!). I painted as quickly as I could, and I'm pretty happy with how the clouds/mountains/water turned out. The foreground is a bit of a segmented mess, but I was in a major hurry, so I'll forgive myself (this time).

After that plein air workshop in April, I was all fired up to get outside and paint, but finding the time in my real life is another story altogether--I'll count it a success that I got outside to paint at all! It's always a fun adventure, if nothing else :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June