White Lilacs

(sorry for the glare)

Every year for the past few years I've tried to paint some lilacs when spring comes around. They're my favorite flower, and I just don't think anything smells better. But I'm biased. Growing up in Montana, the entire perimeter of my yard was made up of lilac bushes, and those blooming lilacs... heavenly!

The painting is sketchy and could probably be considered unfinished, but I feel like I've said what I wanted to say, so I'm just letting it rest here. Better quit while I'm ahead (or while the rendering still feels genuinely like me--sometimes if I keep going I start thinking too much and it gets overworked in a not-good way). Maybe I'll try to do some purple ones this week too if I get the chance :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June