Strawberries


I'm trying to paint a little more, and usually quick sketches are all I have time for. Painting quickly is difficult because it's just hard to focus on so many things at once. I try to choose simple subjects so drawing isn't a huge thing, but usually I think it's accuracy in drawing that suffers when I sketch in paint. It's alright, though. I think I've learned a lot about color mixing and the different qualities of paint over the past couple years of doing little sketches like this. I have a better idea of what colors are warm/cool, transparent/opaque, etc--things that eventually have to be learned by experience, and are such important things to know. But of course there's always more to be learned, and I like painting. It reminds me of why I'm working so hard at school with not much to show for it ;) It's nice to do something a little less tedious and serious sometimes. Art can be fun, right? Right.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June