Long pose in progress (or more accurately, regress)



I have so much negative emotion attached to this drawing right now. I'd really like to tear it off the board and rip it to shreds. I know that's a very dramatic sounding statement and all, but I'd be lying if I said anything less.

Seems like I've worked on the portrait almost exclusively this week and it feels like it was all a big fat waste of time and effort, which is frustrating because of the effort it takes to just be able to show up. I was trying to move things around, but it was off in so many places I thought it better just to wipe it out--I think I had the entire tilt of the face off. I don't think I can recover with this drawing. I just don't care.

I'm also losing two days a week of babysitting (free babysitting because I had worked out a trade with a neighbor). I don't know that I'll be able to replace that for that for a while (maybe after May when the teenagers in the neighborhood are out of school).

I guess what I'm getting at is I possibly have just one session left with this drawing. I don't know that I'll even bother. And maybe that's for the best. I'll probably just try to push through some cast drawing while I scale back the number of days I can be around for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June