Some days are a work of art.




I don't usually post personal pictures here. But I can't resist today, because the day pictured here was an absolutely perfect work of art, orchestrated by my baby sister--this beautiful soul of a bride.

I have this theory that everybody has a certain amount of creative energy, and that we're all suited to use that energy in vastly different ways. It's one of the things that makes life so beautiful and diverse. And I also believe that the act of creating is something essential to human happiness, something we can't escape without losing touch with what makes us human. And creativity can manifest itself in so many different ways--the traditional arts, of course, but also business, fitness, gardening, travel, spirituality, cooking, construction, etc.

Well, this little sister of mine has a gift for seeing and appreciating beauty--and clinging to it like it's hers to keep. As we three sisters were driving out to the wedding venue in the morning, we had whole conversations about the way the light was dancing across the fluffy tops of the long grasses in the fields, and how the clouds looked like wispy swallows about to take a downward dive. It was a beautiful day. There aren't many people a person can have a full-on conversation about clouds with, but with my sisters, I can. And they actually get it (not only that, but they start those conversations themselves!).

I guess what I'm getting at is that every tiny detail of this wedding was beautiful, and every bit of it was a piece of this girl's soul--from the fresh sprigs of baby's breath in her hair, to the table full of white candies, to the carefree way she tossed that long fishtail braid as she danced into the night.

Don't get me wrong--the day was full of just enough surprises to make it imperfectly perfect--like how I ended up literally sewing her into her dress five minutes before we had to walk down the aisle (eek! Talk about working under pressure). But after all, beauty is in there imperfections, isn't it?

Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day, little ray of sunshine! I loved being your last-minute seamstress, and dancing the night away near your side. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. May your life with your forever love be filled with all the joy your hearts can hold <3

Now enough with the serious stuff. How about we end this thing with a few silly photo booth pics? ;-)

Cousins/family on left and sisters on he right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June