Figure Drawing


I probably started this drawing a little too small. Most of the lines are the same weight, which makes it feel more cartoony than I would like. But I was really chasing just to get the figure down--it was a bit of a twist-prone pose (seemed like it was nearly 1/4 turn in the lower body every 20 minutes), so it ended up looking a little pieced together and I struggled to get the proportions along the way. A bit messy, but there's always next time. 

I guess at some point I'm supposed to have built up a better visual memory system to be able to recall what the figure looked like before it moved and make it work, but I'm not quite there yet. Maybe I should try some of that crazy memory drawing Robert Henri talks about in the Art Spirit, or I could just sketch my kids more--they only give me about 10 seconds to lock in a pose ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June