Figure Drawing


It's 4AM and I really should be sleeping, but I'm not. So why not pick apart this poor little drawing from last night?.

The portrait is really messy, the line quality is less than desirable (isn't it always lately?), and I'm tired. Which really makes me feel like getting discouraged and irritable and wondering why I bother with this stuff.

I'm afraid there are no good answers to that question right now (it's 4AM! best not to think too hard at this time of day), but it does remind me that I had this goal to be nicer to myself about all this--so here's something nice: I think the legs aren't all that terrible this time, and that's often a problem area for me.

Now I'm off to read some more Moby Dick. Maybe it'll put me to sleep (it's really not too boring--just a lot of antiquated English and mariner jargon. and long--so, so long). And if it doesn't put me to sleep, well, top o' the morning to me (and I'll just hope I can sneak in a nap this afternoon, ha :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June