Figure Drawing


I don't know if my drawing is getting worse lately... or if my ideals have just been creeping ever-higher, but whatever it is, this whole drawing thing has felt like a bit of a bummer the past little while. A couple of the guys were commenting on how well they had done at this particular session (which is good--I'm not saying they shouldn't be praising themselves for a job well done). 

But, ha! it's my natural  (and rather unproductive) inclination to think everything I do is terrible. Maybe it's cultural conditioning, maybe it's the result of my genetic makeup, the deep recesses of my subconscious mind, a habitual loop I've drawn myself into, or something else entirely? But I've gotta kick this mantra and adopt the, "I'm doing great!" mindset (it sure seems like those words would sit better when it's time to pack up and go home for the night). Of course, that mindset would also require that I know when I'm doing great, which seems to be a bit of an enigma for me. So, I just go ahead and assume I'm not. It's a safer bet, anyway! But in all seriousness, I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems--it rarely is in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June