Nature Sketching


(Later post--the wifi at the cabin was useless).

I'm in beautiful Red Lodge, MT right now, just waiting for the rest of the gals to wake up. We stayed up late having an all girl dance party (glow sticks and all ;) in a cabin in the woods. I haven't danced like that in soooo long, but I've still got some moves in me (I guess all the time I spent at church dances as a teen paid off, ha!). We walked around downtown Red Lodge and had dinner at the pizza place, and well, if you're looking for something entertaining to do, try walking around downtown with my soon-to-be-wed baby sis--she could stop a train with her good looks (and probably find random strangers to buy her dinner and drinks for the rest of her life). But that's beside the point--and she's taken, fellas!

The point is it's so gloriously quiet in his cabin. And the air is so fresh. And the company is so good. It all gave me a terrible itch to draw something, and since all the pretty girls are buried deep in blankets, I decided to head outdoors in the quiet mountain air and find something to sketch in charcoal. There are a lot of middle values out there in all that shady green, so I zoned in on some details, and it's nothing too terribly special, but it's something.

And with that, a couple more bachelorette party pics :)


Sisters being as weird as only sisters can be and still like each other ;)


A little decoration from the cabin. It's nice to know I'm not the only Montanan who feels so ardently for this place. As Steinbeck so eloquently put it, "I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana, it is love. And it's difficult to analyze love when you're in it." (Travels with Charlie)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June