Two hour figure


This model has such a sweet beauty about her. She looks like she walked right out of a classical nude painting (sorry, classical friends--I may be using that word all wrong ;). Anyway, I'm enjoying doing some more of these quick little figures, trying to reorient myself to what I should be focusing on here. I've been doing so much detailed stuff in my larger figure studies. Somebody said that simplification is of utmost importance, and the last achieved in any art. Maybe DaVinci? I'm not always good at remembering where these thoughts in my head come from... Someone else said he no more remembered the books he had read than the meals he had eaten, but they had made him who he was. So I'm grateful for the things I've read and heard even if I'm a poor attributor if my thoughts--sorry, original sources (I also forget a lot of book and movie endings--just give me six months--filed away as useless info in my brain ;).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June