Structure Class


Another figure flop :P I don't know. It started out alright. I blocked in the upper body really quickly and felt pretty good about the gesture, but spent the rest of the time trying to get those legs to look like they fit with the torso (and didn't spend much time at all on hands/face/feet, so...). Mostly I struggled with the proportions of the legs. I would measure, mark the midpoints and where they should end, then start drawing, and they kept ending up too long somehow. Part of the problem was that there were people seated with sawhorses in front of me, and I'm just not very tall. So a drawing board on a sawhorse in front of me blocks about a third of the figure from my view. Not that I shouldn't be able to figure out how to compensate for that. But I actually couldn't see the whole figure at once, so I'd be peeking around the drawing boards to see the legs, then going back to my drawing board, basically from memory, to draw them in the correct position and proportion. Not easy, and certainly not my best figure. But I've come to expect about as many failures as successes at this point, so it's fine. Not that an unsuccessful figure is really a failure. If I learn something, it isn't wasted time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June