Another rough start

 

I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I just can't seem to pull it together. This pose is oriented in the wrong direction to use sight size very effectively. And setting widths is always a weak point for me anyway, so it's not good news. I made the lower half of the body too long, so I'm trying to pull it in but I'm having to adjust every. single. line. And the drawing feels so disjointed. I want to start over, but there's little chance I'd do much better the second time.

I'm just so discouraged about it all lately. It feels like maybe I'm just not quite good enough to make the effort worthwhile. I know that's not a productive mindset to be in. And I'm reminded quite a bit of how I rationalized myself into quitting the first time. But sometimes it's hard not to go there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June