3-hour portrait

  
Graphite on white stonehenge

It's been a busy few weeks at my house. Three out of the four birthdays in our family happen within the same four-week period, and yesterday we had the second of the kids' birthday parties in the morning.  Once the party was over and cleaned up, I showed up at the studio to spend a few hours working on my Bargue project (which has been a little neglected lately). If I had better willpower I might have given it those few hours, but a portrait  model showed up an hour after I arrived... and that's just too hard to pass up ;)

 
I don't usually take comparison shots of my portraits, but here's one. The tilt's a little different... This one is on white paper, which seems like is a little bit more difficult to work on. Every stroke is so visible. But it's probably a good thing for developing better control. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June