Start of a pear


We don't have a model coming in this week, so we're supposed to paint pears. I've painted a few pears before, and they're tricky little things. All those colors butt right up against each other and you somehow have to make sense of where they meet. I'm trying to keep the paint thin and flat so I can put more on top (since I'm sure I will have plenty of corrections to make).

It makes me nervous to paint here because I know how high the standards are with regards to drawing, and painting is that much more complex. At this point, I'm pretty much 100% self taught when it comes to painting. I know there's a lot I need to learn, so I'll just keep throwing myself out there. I'm becoming convinced that the only way to learn is to keep making a fool of myself. Speaking of that... I squeezed all my paint onto my palette upside down today, genius that I am ;) I had never used the palette before (I use a glass tabletop palette at home), and it was just kind of funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June