2-hour portrait


The model didn't show last night, so one of us artists had to sit for a portrait (or volunteer to take our clothes off--and can you believe that none of us were chomping at the bit? ;). We stood around waiting for the model to show for a little while--less than two hours isn't long to get a portrait down. As usual, I wish I had had more time. 

Anyway, I've gotten pretty used to seeing this guy's face over the last couple years. In some ways, I think it's harder to draw people you are familiar with because it's so obvious to your mind when something is a little off. But theoretically, it could make it easier to capture character because you're more familiar with the person's expressions and such. Not saying I caught that here. I still had a long way to go with this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June