First color study



I apologize for the hideousness of this little study. I probably shouldn't post it, but this is my daily blog and it's what I worked on yesterday, so I'm posting it anyway. I've never done a color study before, but it seemed apropos, considering the color content of this image--it's all about the color. I've wanted to paint this scene since the first time I saw it and snapped some photos. 

I've been doing so much copy work lately I'm sort of in the mood for something original... foolish though it may be ;) This is one of my babies. Both were born with some jaundice, but my second had to lay on this little light bed all day for the first week of his life, and it was just so cool looking (and made a nice humming noise that kept him sleeping soundly)! 

Anyway, obviously not much attention paid to drawing here, and I will probably do several more studies of that drapery before attempting anything on a larger scale. It's difficult to get the feeling of the light coming from within the fabric, and the hue and intensity of those bright blue/greens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June