Structure class

 

I turned right around after arriving home from a long car trip and headed to structure class (when what I really wanted to be doing was taking a good long nap). I spent a few minutes doing a really quick sight size gesture to get the pose in my head... but I don't feel like it helped all that much. Just made me more frustrated when my 3-minute drawing was stronger than the one I spent three hours on, ha! Anyway, I keep drawing the heads too big, but I think it might have something to do with the angle I'm viewing my drawing from. I have the easel up pretty high to line up with the model, who is on a fairly tall stand, so the head is on the part of the paper that's farthest from my eye. Or maybe I just like to draw heads too big. Could be. I'm trying to figure out how to use the constellations as landmarks for setting proportion. I guess the hard part is knowing what and where to look for these things. Some models don't have super obvious skeletal landmarks surfacing, so I feel like I'm trying to divine information I don't really have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June