Portrait of Beccafer


It's not every day you meet someone named Beccafer (must be a combo of Rebecca and Jennifer)! She's very good at holding a pose.

It's usually a figure pose on Thursdays, but the model was thinking she had been asked to sit for a portrait, so that's what we did. I don't feel like I quite captured her likeness--I think there was probably just slightly more fullness/width on the right side of her face. And again, I was struggling a bit with how to approach blocking in those masses. I think I zone in on each little area too much when I'm trying to see the value, and lose sight of the whole--like trying to include the graded value on the eyelid, when just blocking in a solid mass gives a truer impression of the thing--at least at first. I don't know why simplification is so difficult a thing, but it is.

Anyway, I clearly didn't finish, but this is as far as it's gonna get . And that pink glow on the bottom of the image is just the reflection of a bright red tunic I was wearing, which apparently was highly reminiscent of music from the 80s, especially "Lady in Red," which, btw, was released the same year I was born, ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June