Waterhouse figure copy


We have another wave of stomach flu going through our house--yikes! It's always lovely to wake up at 2AM to someone vomiting next to your face, ha! but such is life with little kids, and they're worth all the trouble :) However, I'm not very much looking forward to the (almost) inevitable illness--still crossing my fingers!

I'm going to be taking a figure drawing class at a new place and they want us to draw with erasable colored pencils. They aren't something I've used before, so I decided to do a little copy with them so I could at least become vaguely familiar with how they work. They erase nicely, but the feel is pretty different from graphite. They're more waxy/smooth than pencil, so that may take some getting used to. It seems like they get dull faster than pencil too.

So this is just a little experiment done while watching the same cartoon for the 17th time today ;) At least having sick babies gives me a good excuse to sit around with a drawing board on my lap.

And completely unrelated, but here's a nice quote I ran across the other day:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." -James Dean

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June