Long pose in progress

 

I'm about 12 hours into this one now, with 8 to go next week (that is, if life goes according to plan...). Since there's not much time left, I think I'll really try to hone in on the portrait during one session (which I was just starting to do) and go from there. 

The feet are looking too big to me. And it's just hard to keep these long poses from feeling stuffy and awkward. I get frustrated with myself sometimes because I feel like I lose the unity of the drawing along the way. It looks like I worked a little here and there, etc--some of the value structure is feeling pretty spotty. I just want it all to fit comfortably together, and it's hard to maintain that unity. I really haven't had much time on this one, so it's fine. But I'm hoping I can manage a little more time in the model room with the next pose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June