More long pose



Sorry if these posts are boring--I find it helpful to organize my thoughts, in writing, about the drawing as it progresses. I've had very little time to work on this drawing (7 of the 27 hours so far, ha!), and yet I feel like it's a completely different drawing every time I work on it. I'm almost pretty sure it's only getting worse. I'm in the process of inching the legs left, so please ignore them. The shapes are really weird at this point, and I need to thin them out (I always tend toward too wide at first). The pit of the neck and the heel weren't matching up quite right, and now the placement is better, but I feel like moving that leg changed the rhythm of the hip area pretty significantly, and I want to bring a little more movement back into that area because now it's feeling awkwardly stiff. Hoping it's one of those "it'll get worse before it gets better" things? :P On the positive side, I actually got a full 3 hour session in yesterday (what? ;). Also, the full lighting is a little difficult to move forward with. I'm used to having some nice big obvious shadow shapes to help me find the drawing/impression. No such luck here. And really, don't look at those legs (or that foot!). I'll fix them next time, I promise.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June