Portrait from memory and Bargue progress


I sat around doodling on this portrait for a little while this afternoon, trying to remember enough about the form to give it a little more finish. It would have been a lot easier with the model in front of me. Pretty sure I lost some of the likeness along the way and overdid it with that white. It is what it is. 

Before/after

I'm almost in the mood to quit this stuff altogether today. It's stupid. I know it and I won't do it. But some days it's easier to quiet that urge than others. Often the foremost though running through my head while working on this stuff is "Why am I doing this?!". It's a good question, ha. Just one of those days, I guess.

Day three (or four? I think four) of this cheery old Bargue face. I wish there was a way to expedite this, but there really isn't :P No way out but through. 



And please excuse my moodiness. I guess I should have worked in a run this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June