Figure Drawing


I was lacking the finesse to get that portrait in last night. But I tried my best with the rest of the figure. It was a little tricky because there was a very subtle twist between the hips and the shoulders. And this model's portrait is always pretty elusive for me. I think it's because a lot of her features are quite angular. Her eyebrows are arched, her eyes turn up at the corners, and her lips turn down at the corners. And if you get any of those things just a little bit off, the expression changes dramatically. Anyway, I don't think my head shape is even correct here, so it just wasn't happening.

I was using white paper instead of the usual pearl gray. Just tired of the same stuff, so I decided to switch it up a little. But I think it messed with my perception some, and made my less-than-stellar line quality a little more apparent, ha! Maybe that's a good thing, though. If I'm more aware, I can do more to fix it, right? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June