30-second gesture


I have to very deliberately make time for this stuff--even for things like this quick 30-60 second sketch-of-a-moving-target you see here. It's worth the effort, but in the process of always being in a hurry, I've become rather good at starting, but not so good at finishing. So I'm having to learn to slow down and get out of this "you only have an hour" mentality (not that it isn't true--an hour often feels like a gloriously luxurious amount of time in my world ;). 

 I want to be a good finisher, but I'm still a big believer in sketching like mad.  98.5% of the time, a quick sketch is nothing interesting (I could show you page after page of hideous things in my sketchbooks). But there's something so urgent and zealous about the process--it helps me refocus and get back to seeing the whole picture when I get a little too wrapped up in the little things. So here's to sketching while simultaneously learning to slow down (I almost feel a fresh New Year's resolution coming on... ;).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June