Plein Air

11x14", oil on panel, 1.5 hours

I decided to venture out and do a little plein air painting this afternoon.I kind of like where the clouds were going here, but painting mountains is really tricky (especially when the cloud shadows on the mountain change so quickly!).I was at a park and there were all sorts of soccer goals, jungle gyms, and other structures that I didn't really want to include in the picture. Which left me to invent the foreground and it's feeling a bit bland. Maybe next time I go out and do plein air painting, I will try to choose a more zoomed in scene that I can copy more faithfully. Painting outside is hard enough without having to make it up ;) Maybe I should have drawn a little footpath in there or something (not that I still couldn't...). Definitely the worst part of plein air painting is gathering all the materials to go out, and then carting them all back (plus a wet painting and palette!) when finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June