Figure Drawing


2 hour figure from tonight. I think the overall proportions and likeness are pretty good. Still just need to figure out a better way of attacking the values while working in pencil. I have a hard time stripping the image down to the most simple elements of light and shade. I think because the pencil is such a tiny point, it's hard to fill in all the masses satisfactorily, just for the fact that it takes so long to build up the value. So I typically end up trying to render an area more completely and then it feels out of place, so I jump around a bit and half-finish other parts, but maybe it would be better to just go ahead and try to fully render one area for the 2 hours and just see how far I get. I don't know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June