First portrait sketch (in paint) from life



I was feeling a little discouraged earlier this week, and decided it would be good to shake things up a bit. Instead of the usual Thursday night figure at school, I headed over to the studio of Casey Childs for his Thursday night session. Painting feels so much more intuitive to me than drawing right now, which seems weird. But I think it may just be that nobody has been giving me any instruction in painting, so it is very intuitive (not that what I've been doing with drawing doesn't carry over--it definitely does. it's just different). 

It's just me in my head at this point. And I guess that's good for now. I don't have a lot of complaints about how this turned out. I like it. It bears a good likeness to the model, and feels like something I would paint (and hey, I did ;).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June