Long pose in progress

 

I'm sure this isn't interesting to anyone but me, but... another 3 hours on this long pose ;) I think that brings me up to about 16-17ish hours on this one so far. It seems like most of the time I'm getting about 1.5 hours per session this month, which makes it kind of tough to see much progress between sessions. Sometimes it takes a few minutes just to get into the swing of drawing after all my other daily shenanigans too, so a full three hour block was nice.

I tried to solidify the shadow shapes a bit today, paying closer attention to the little shifts and hard/soft transitions along the core shadow line. It will still need a lot more refining. Then I started moving into the light areas of the torso, blocking in the light shadows, which will also need so much more time to get the subtlety (kind of funny too how you have to watch carefully for the point in the breath cycle you're drawing--those shadows change a lot on inhale/exhale). I'm thinking there may be some drawing/placement issues along that right contour as well.

I'm probably not as far along as I was with my last drawing at this same point in time. And I'm thinking it partly has to do with the rocky start I had, and also just that this is a much less straight forward pose, with much more intricate shape making. Now that most of the shapes are in place, I can probably start in on some more finishing type work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June