Long pose in progress

 

I really like this model, pose and all, but I'm almost regretting starting this drawing. It's just so hard to get time in this month because the schedule is so variable, and it seems like I get there right when long break is starting almost every time. So it feels like I'm pushing like crazy, but moving at snail's pace. Sounds like we will have a couple more weeks on it, so maybe I'll be able to come a little bit closer to a finish (if I'm lucky. I've lost my regular babysitter, so I really don't know at this point...). 

But anyway, I'm just starting to try to push some of the darker areas down and get more specific about shapes and contours. Worked some on the portrait, too. The likeness really isn't too bad at this point, so that's nice. I actually really do care about making my drawing look like the model. Just making it look like a real person isn't my goal--I want it to be that face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June