2-hour portrait


 

2-hour drawing from a 3-hour session yesterday. I had to start over after an hour or so of drawing--my shapes were bad, and I couldn't seem to resolve them without moving everything--sometimes it's better just to have a fresh start. I don't think I've ever regretted bagging a bad start.

This is the same model we drew on Wednesday, and it was nice to be somewhat familiar with her face already. I still need to work on my value organization--it's so hard to keep those values under wraps. Pencil is difficult value-wise, because you really can't copy one for one--one for one value matching is much more doable with charcoal or paint. But with pencil, you have to make it about relationships. It's a difficult thing for me to do... which is why I should probably do it a lot more ;)

Something I should not do a lot more is cruise Instagram for new people to follow (don't you love those little suggestion boxes? ha). There are way too many incredible draftsmen and painters out there, and it sure can make a person feel small.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June