Thursday Figure


Last night's figure. Thankfully, the flu bug lasted less than 24 hours, and I'm feeling pretty good now. I showed up to work on my extended figure drawing yesterday, only to find that the model had come 3 hours early that day and had just left :P. Anyway, since I had driven all the way there, I hung around and worked on my Bargue for a few hours before the evening model showed. It's at the point where the changes I make are feeling pretty subtle on that Bargue, and I guess that's a good thing.

But this drawing. When I get far enough to do it, I've been trying to focus more on line quality and describing the effect of the light with as little information as possible. I have an idea of where I want to be, but getting there can feel pretty haphazard sometimes. It's amazing how many times you (or, at least, I) have to fumble through something before it starts to make sense. Drawing something to look real requires so much mental abstraction.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June