early morning pomegranate

5x7", oil on linen panel

I woke up at 5AM this morning, laid around a little while trying to get back to sleep, then decided to get up and paint for a bit before everyone else woke up. Pomegranates always get me. They're just the prettiest. I think I might fiddle with that cast shadow more a little later. I haven't painted much lately and I kind of forgot about that panic state of every painting, where it feels like it will never ever come together (I think that's about where I ended with my awful painting yesterday). But it's still a surprise every time, ha. And why was I up at 5AM? I don't know. I wish I could figure out a way to predict and prevent my discouragement and anxiousness regarding all this stuff, but it comes in waves (and for no apparent reason).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June