Bargue & long pose in progress


Sorry to bore you with progress shots. I know very well that the changes at this point are not very exciting. Working on this Bargue has been rather trying on my patience, and there's this part of me that feels like I will never ever finish it. I'm sure it's not true, but that's how it feels. I feel like I could continue making small adjustments on this thing forever and never get there. It's never going to be exactly alike. At what point to you say, "Good enough?" I know the point of call is much later than what I traditionally have done--just not sure where or how far away that is :P

And here's my long figure pose. I might get one more day on this next week if I'm lucky (things are a little crazy next week). I've worked on this one for 30 hours so far. This extended drawing is a test of patience as well, and I'm trying so, so hard. That's all I can do, I guess. At any rate, I guess it's good that the weekend has come around because I was starting to feel the discouragement set in, and I really do try to keep that at bay. I don't know why I care so much, but I do.

 

But here's something that doesn't fail to cheer me up. I've been thinking a lot about where I want to go and what I want to do with this stuff. And I think if I could just paint like these girls sing, I'd die happy (that little one on the left! It's like the most natural and joyous thing in the world for her to sing).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June