Nosey


Here's where I think I'm going to leave this little portrait of Noah (affectionately referred to as "Nosey" by those who know and love him ;). I've tried to work my paintings in layers before, and it's always been something of a big mess. It seems like this one went a little better, and I think what was different was that I was really careful about the drawing on the first layer and left the paint pretty thin and middle/average mass value, for the most part. So the second layer was more about getting specific about the smaller value and color shifts and building up a little more paint. Working general to specific--it's amazing how these concepts apply to everything ;) Anyway, I'm going to leave it a little painterly for fear of overdoing the "from photo" painting effect, and because my sis likes that painterly look. It helps tremendously to start with a decent photo, which I did--this pup's owner is a good photographer.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June