Easter Eggs

6x6", water mixable oil on gessobord, 3/28/16
(sorry for the grainy photo. I'm having the hardest time getting well lighted photos that aren't full of glare lately).

There are about a thousand of these things hanging around my house (okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but it feels like a thousand). And altogether way too much candy for the composure of two little ones ;)

This was kind of an interesting exercise in color mixing. I don't usually paint things with such uniform, saturated colors. And it took a few little experiments to get the colors right (especially the green!).

Painting is really hard, and I have to wonder if I will ever feel like I know what I'm doing? I've been a little discouraged about it lately (and haven't been doing much of it). But it doesn't matter. I'm just going to keep on trying--and giving myself little pep talks all the while (I really wish I didn't have to do that, but I do. So I will). 

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June