Sick day sketching :(

vine charcoal and white chalk on gray paper

I knew I was feeling off Tuesday night, and when I woke up all queasy-like in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday, I suddenly realized why. Being sick on Wednesday was a bummer, because I was really kind of hoping to go catch a portrait session in the evening (I really like the look of the model that was coming), but no such luck. Instead I sketched this squirmy little darling (I like his look too... but he doesn't give me much time). He rolled over before I got to refining the legs/feet, so they're pretty wonky. This was probably somewhere around 30ish minutes. Tricky foreshortening. And I know my charcoal work is a mess. I have no idea what I'm doing--I just go for it, no eraser or anything, yikes. 

The one nice thing about sick days is all the snuggles. But hey, universe, enough sickness already--I thought we were supposed to get a break from being sick in the summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June