Copy of Sargent's "Mrs. Louis Ormond"


Eventually, I just had to buckle down, quit stressing about the perfect nuance of expression, and finish this thing before it sat there on the easel for the rest of the summer. I was starting to feel a little paralyzed by its presence, and that's never good! So I attacked all those remaining fluid lines with a fervor ;) I like to finish things and get them out of my hair--an unfinished something lying around can really eat at my nerves. So, here. Imperfect, yes, but at a point where I don't want to touch it anymore--finished? Sure.

 I think my printer makes things a lot darker than they should be, so that's a problem. The HB pencil doesn't match the blacks that my printer puts out, so that makes it feel a bit different (and no doubt quite different from the original), and there are subtle differences in the portrait. But despite the imperfections, these studies are good practice in drawing, and they fit into my crazy summer schedule right now. So if they're not perfect, they're not perfect. I'm really not a perfectionist--I promise (at least most of the time ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June