Bargue Figure Copy #12


It seems that life is always feast or famine in some way or another, and this past weekend has been a flurry of out-of-town visitors. We're sort of an island here in terms of having family around, so I'm always happy to have visitors, but I would love it if they could evenly space their visits throughout the entire year so I could consistently have company to look forward to... pretty please? ;) 

Well, life doesn't work like that... however nice it would be (maybe) if it were always steady and predictable. Life is a roller coaster. And when it all comes down to it, I really do like roller coasters (just not those horrible little spinny carnival rides--I can't hack those anymore--though I can't quite see their parallel to life at the moment--maybe just letting it get too predictable and spinning around in nauseating circles of vertigo, ha).

That's a long way of saying that I didn't have much time this weekend, but I did manage to squeeze in an hour of drawing practice with this little Bargue copy last night. And isn't it a nice pose? I really didn't get too picky with it, so I'm sure there are plenty of little differences. I have this notion that if I do just a little something every day that I'll keep getting just a little bit better every day--slow and steady. I'm the tortoise, not the hare. That's alright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June