A little Sargent copy in progress


I've been working on this little copy on and off for the past week in very short bursts. As a parent, summer is just rough. I wish I could be better at creating a routine and sticking to it and giving my kids the structure that seems to be what their little brains crave. I could do better. I'll try to do better, but it's hard to change the way I approach my life--which seems to be a little more "go with the flow" than pulling out a daily planner and mapping out my time every week or morning (and planning meals? Ha! I guess that's a thing). Anyway. Five-year-olds want a map of what is going to happen each day, and right when they wake up in the morning (at least mine does). And, btw, it had better be something fun ;)

So this copy. I feel like it reflects my harried state of mind right now. I'll keep working on it. But it's not singing for me yet. I feel like my copy is looking almost sardonic in expression, whereas the original is so sweet and mellow--maybe it's something in the sweep of the eyebrow, or that left eye placed just a little too high. I probably just need to keep at it and make a lot of small adjustments--or scrap it altogether. I think part of the problem is that as I get better at "seeing" I really see the errors a lot more readily, and it drives me a little bit nuts. But if you can see the errors, you can fix them right? At least in theory :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June