White (it's not white)


Don't you hate it when you discover something you're really terrible at? I do :P But I also don't--it gives me some direction and purpose in where I focus my energy. I've recently discovered that I'm pretty bad at seeing the correct values and colors in white objects. So I'm going to paint them like crazy until I don't feel so deficient. But in the meantime, check out these bad paintings! They'll get better, I promise. The first one I started in full color, which I quickly decided was a bad idea ;) So I'm down to black and white, and just trying to see all those subtle grays. It's not easy, which I guess is why I'm doing it. The drawing is pretty bad on these bowls. I've been focusing a lot more on the value, but I'm finding that when the drawing is off, it throws me off all over the place. So I just have to find a way to juggle all those different things. Practice, practice, practice :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June