Floral still life copy after MK

7.5x9.5", oil on linen

I'm sure I could fiddle around with this for quite a while longer, but for the sake of not overworking it, I think I'll end here. This has been a really fun copy to work on, and I hope I'll be able to transfer some of the things I learned here to my paintings from life. So much of painting is drawing, and it seems like that's where I often falter. 

Here's a side-by-side, in case you're itching to see all the errors that I do ;) After watching this artist's instructional videos this weekend, I'm almost antsy to try another. But then again, maybe not. Maybe I'll try something from life (and prepare myself for an epic fail, as seems to be the case lately, ha).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June