Long pose in progress--portrait


I'm just going to post the portrait today because that's mostly what I've been working on. It's still feeling pretty messy to me, and a little overdone. I'm trying to be more distinct with my shape making (key word "trying" ;). The nose/mouth/chin area is feeling funky right now. I think I need to simplify the value shape there, and refine the lips. Also her right eye socket feels like it's too round, and perhaps too dark overall. 

It's probably a little late to do anything about this, but I also feel like the head is just slightly too far left, making it feel like the model is pulling her head back unnaturally, and it's just not quite right. I think that happened when I reduced the size of the head, and I wish I had caught it sooner, but for now, I'm just going to keep focusing on trying to refine the shapes and not worry too much about it. I'm a little short on time (3 more sessions on this drawing for me).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June