Week 3


Still just trudging along with this little Bargue here. Once I have the carved hair down pretty solid, I think I'll feel a bit better about it. It's getting closer, but the progress is oh-so-slow. Especially because it's been hard to get the time in on this thing this week. Babysitters are getting harder to come by, and I have a hard time working on this for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I did put some time in on it this morning, which was nice. I always like driving around on a Saturday or Sunday morning--it's so quiet, and the roads are so empty it almost feels like home ;)

Here's the progress on my long pose portrait. I was feeling sort of paralyzed on this thing for quite a bit of the week. But yesterday I finally just shut my brain up and drew for a bit. I want to do things correctly and do them in the right order, but I'm going to have to find a way to strike a balance between following my intuition and following correct principles. If I get thinking too hard, I can really freeze up. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June