Figure Drawing


I got the basic block-in down a little quicker here, so I had more time to develop this one. I'm trying to pay attention to line quality. What I'm told is that harder areas of shadow or overlap require darker, sharper lines, whereas softer turns of form and softer transitions, softer, lighter lines. Makes sense in theory, but applying those suggestions is a little more difficult than talking about them. I just want to look at the value of what I'm seeing and copy what I think I'm seeing. But approaching it this way requires a little more thought and theory than copying what I see, sort of. I think? Since it's more of a simplification/abstraction of what's there. Or maybe it is what's there, and I'm inferring more than is actually visible. Anyway, it's all rather ambiguous in my brain right now. So I'll just keep plugging along ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June